Handoff Procedures & LoAs
The following applies for providing ATC in the UIR sectors, and shall be respected accordingly:
- Although the UIRs are "Control Sectors" (not advisory service),
they use the _FSS suffix (except EURM, which is _CTR),
but all provide ATC services.
This is a temporary workaround as our current VATSIM server software provides limited
radar- and radio range (600nm) for our UIR ATC purposes, when using the _CTR suffix. Future VATSIM server software
will hopefully enable custom Callsigns to have an extended range. When that happens, this item will be amended accordingly.
- ATCs must read any Special sector instructions (included
as a Readme.txt file within the UIR sector zip-file) prior to connecting online.
- Prior to login, a reservation, of at least one hour duration, must be added in the EUC
vACC ATC Booking System.
- Once logged on, there is an obligatory minimum online presence of 60
- It is prohibited to provide FIR services (lower airspace), like
departure clearances, taxi and takeoff instructions, and approach instructions,
even when no lower local ATC is present.
- A template for the EURx sector ATIS is available